DETAILS ON NEXT GREEN MARKET:
Saturday 5 November - "My Trash, your Treasure Jumble Sale" was a great success!! Thanks to everyone that made this day happen!! It was such a success that we decided to do a Jumble Sale every year!!
When: Saturday, 3 DECEMBER 2011
Where: Pretoria National Botanical Gardens. 2 Cussonia Ave, Brummeria.
Entrance: Reduced fee on Green Market days - R5 per learner and R10 per adult.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* Delicious homemade food and beverages ( From sweet and savoury baked goodies to yummy mouthwatering pasta's, pizza's and Mauritian style food ).
* Fun and Games for the kids like old-style "toutrek", driebeen resies and much more". COME take your Photo with Santa!!!
* Art exhibition by Louis Van Den Heever (Don't miss this very talented local artists amazing and funky work).
* Lots of stalls! Choose the "green" option this Christmas and surprise your loved ones with some amazing nature inspired and uniquely handmade gifts! Browse through our interesting stalls and meet our friendly exhibitors!
* Support your favourite Charity - Meet the Angels Without Wings Team, the Clothes to Cash Exchange Team and the Happy Yappers Team and support them this this holiday season. Don't forget to bring your bag full of unwanted lightly warn clothing to donate to the c2cx Team or sell it to them for cash. Fun!
* Enjoy our green tips on how to "GO GREEN" this Christmas and be dazzled by our handmade and colourful funky handmade X-mas decorations decorating the events area.
* Competition for the kids: BEST DRESSED X-mas CHARACTER WINS A VOUCHER TO BE SPENT AT THE EVENT! (T's and C's apply! COSTUME MUST BE MADE FROM RECYCLED/REUSED MATERIALS! BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN! )
DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR PICNIC BLANKET, YOUR CAMPING CHAIRS AND YOUR REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS AND COME ENJOY AGAIN, A WONDERFUL FESTIVE EVENING OUT IN THE BEAUTIFUL GARDENS. Please note: CREDIT CARD FACILITY WILL BE AVAILABLE...
* Demonstrations and Talks:
Check out The D-Raintank® modular underground rainwater tanks! They can be used for either RAINWATER HARVESTING or RAINWATER ATTENUATION. Golpla Grass Pavers which allow rainwater to return to the natural ground water table; while saving on water run-off problems.
MORE INFO COMING SOON.....
WHAT TO BRING:
A picnic blanket, and (Optional but very important to go green - your own reusable plates, cups and cutlery to save the unnecessary use of disposable packaging).
Safe for kids (Lots of space for them to run around, breath fresh air and be kids)...
STALL BOOKINGS: Book your stand early and receive your booking discount (T's and C's apply). For more info on booking, please contact us at email@example.com.
WORKSHOPS: Interested businesses and organizations who would like to add to the event through workshops, demonstrations or talks, please contact us as soon as possible to give us your ideas. No stall costs, Free of Charge (T's and C's apply).
MORE SPECIFIC INFO COMING SOON!
GOING GREEN IS THE KEY TO OUR SURVIVAL, BECAUSE THE PLANET WILL KEEP ON EXISTING...THE QUESTION IS THOUGH - WILL HUMAN KIND BE ABLE TO? SO LETS LOOK AFTER OUR PLANET...SHE WILL KEEP US ALIVE IF WE LOVE HER.
Note: Lets show your appreciation for what earth gives us each day by aspiring to 'go green' one step at a time.
Supporting initiatives like www.350.org, www.earthhour.org.za, www.1010global.org, www.unwater.org/worldwaterday/.